This subscription will allow you access to all three of our learning modules as well as personalised email support. These modules will give you a comprehensive overview of three key considerations when learning how to approach a Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy patient.
If there is a concept you need clarified, or a subject area you are struggling with and want explained in a different way, you can email through a question. You will receive a personalised response, which will aim to improve your level of understanding.
*This will be provided to answer queries based on the content of the purchased packages only.
**We endeavour to respond to all email questions within 48hrs.
Module 1 – Assessment and Treatment of the Cardiorespiratory Patient – The Theory
In this module we will examine the theory underpinning the provision of cardiorespiratory physiotherapy care. Understanding how the body works and how this is altered in pathological conditions, is vital in understanding our role as cardiorespiratory physiotherapists.
- Structure and Function of the Respiratory System
- Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular System
- Physiology of the Respiratory System
- Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
- Pathophysiology of the Respiratory System
- Pathophysiology of the Cardiovascular System
Module 2 – Assessment and Treatment of the Cardiorespiratory Patient – Translating Theory into Practice
This module starts to translate the theory we have learned into practice. You will learn what needs to be included in the assessment of a cardiorespiratory patient and how to analyse the assessment findings to create a problem list and treatment plan. We will learn vital skills such as interpretation of chest x-rays and arterial blood gases. Here you will also find out which physiotherapy interventions should be used for your patients, and how to apply them confidently and safely.
- The Chart Review of the Cardiorespiratory Patient
- The Cardiorespiratory Patient – Subjective Assessment
- The Cardiorespiratory Patient – Objective Assessment
- The Interpretation of Chest X-Rays and Arterial Blood Gases
- The Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Problem List
- Clinically Reasoning the Cardiorespiratory Patient
- Cardiorespiratory Interventions
- Safety when treating the Cardiorespiratory Patient
Module 3 – Assessment and Treatment of the Cardiorespiratory Patient – Practical Skills
The third module teaches the practical application of the skills you have learned in the first two modules. This module consists of presentations incorporating video demonstrations, teaching essential assessment and treatment skills.
- Active Cycle of Breathing Technique
- Assessment of Chest Expansion
- Cough Assessment
- Incentive Spirometry
- Manual Blood Pressure
- Manual Techniques
- Patient Observations
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate
- Positive Expiratory Pressure
- Thoracic Expansion Exercises